First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS), located in Atlanta, Georgia is seeking a new Chief Operating Officer.
Founded by real estate brokers in 1957, First MLS was the first MLS in the state of Georgia. It has a unique business model which is highly economically beneficial to brokers which creates strong loyalty and commitment.
Currently FMLS serves more than 36,000 real estate professionals in Georgia with over 2000+ broker offices. The FMLS database currently contains more than 39,000 active listings spread across 110 counties throughout the state.
FMLS’ Mission is to “help fulfill financial dreams by providing superior technology, service and training to facilitate the success of our members.” They focus on thoughtful products and services that not only meet the needs of today’s real estate professionals, but exceeds them. Their Corporate mission drives how they do their daily work, from the way they answer the phone to the way they prioritize themselves.
Atlanta, Georgia, FMLS’ location, is the only city in the country that still has two MAJOR MLSs with significant duplication in members. FMLS has to continually innovate to remain relevant in this situation. This position is ideal for someone who takes great pride in their work and wants to continually improve the value of its MLS services.
The scope of this position is much broader than most MLS positions. As a Chief Operating Officer, this position oversees several areas of the company including Member Services, Training, Product, Administration and Finance, Human Resources and Technology.
Because of the breadth of this position, it requires someone with deep technology skills as well as strong managerial, coaching and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be in tune with the needs of today’s brokers and will have proven experience building strong relationships while satisfying the ever-changing technology needs of brokers and their agents. They will be able to operate in a nimble and dynamic environment and be able to lead decisive and customer-centric teams.
Here are the responsibilities of the position:
- Participates in the development and preparation of short and long-term goals and plans based on the broad organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of internal and external processes and controls.
- Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and provides reporting of these results to the CEO.
- Directs and prioritizes technology and IT strategy implementation, planning, projects and budgeting.
- Directs and prioritizes product management and escalate issues as necessary to protect the interest of FMLS members, staff and the company.
- Ensure that FMLS provides the best service levels possible in training, support and guidance to our members’ companies and agents.
- Establishes and monitors performance review process and systems.
- Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; provide mentoring and career development activities to retain the highest performing managers.
- Directs the development and establishment of equitable human resource policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans.
- Conducts regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and collaboration among departments are on-going. Facilitation resolution of issues between departments.
- Represents the organization at local member events as well as national conventions and conferences and in vendor negotiations and communication.
- Constantly seeks new ideas for services, leadership monitoring and market influence by networking with peers around the country.
If you would like to learn more about the position or would like to submit for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment