The Regional MLS (RMLS), located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida provides comprehensive MLS services to over 11,000 members. RMLS is owned by three shareholder associations, the Realtors® Association of the Palm Beaches, the Jupiter Tequesta Hobe Sound Association of Realtors® INC and the Realtors® Association of St. Lucie. RMLS is currently interviewing candidates for the position of Executive Vice President/GM. Located in the beautiful Palm Beach Gardens area, RMLS is a growing, forward thinking organization, with a full array of technology products and subscriber services.
RMLS is looking for a new Executive Vice President/General Manager with the vision and industry skills to lead the organization forward in alignment with their strategic objectives. RMLS has extremely dedicated staff, an engaged and progressive Board of Directors and works closely with the shareholder associations to deliver the best possible services to the subscribers.
A full position description is included below. To express your interest or for more information contact:
POSITION TITLE: Regional MLS – Executive Vice President-/General Manager
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The Regional MLS (RMLS), located in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida provides comprehensive MLS services to over 11,000 members. RMLS is owned by three shareholder associations, the Realtors® Association of the Palm Beaches, the Jupiter Tequesta Hobe Sound Association of Realtors® INC and the Realtors® Association of St. Lucie. RMLS is currently interviewing candidates for the position of Executive Vice President/GM.
It is the desire of the shareholders and Board that RMLS be driven by clear strategic goals and benchmarks designed to continually improve all member services from education to technology to data accuracy and costs of services. Regional MLS and the Shareholder associations have recently conducted a number of strategic initiatives and member research and are looking for their new Executive Vice President/GM to move these initiatives forward. The new Executive/GM will be given clear objectives and goals but will have the responsibility of executing the plan and bringing it to life for RMLS. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, management, technical, team building and communication skills as well as the strategic vision to work with the Board of Directors in reaching their strategic objectives. The successful candidate also understands the importance of working with, communicating clearly with and being responsive to the needs of the shareholder associations and their executive management.
RMLS has extremely dedicated staff, an engaged and progressive Board of Directors and works closely with the shareholder associations to deliver the best possible services to the subscribers. The Board of Directors seeks a candidate that has the skills to manage the new strategic initiatives, improve overall operations and member services while leveraging the collective strengths of the shareholder associations. The successful candidate will be possess an open and inclusive management style and will be skilled at building consensus and cooperation.
The Executive Vice President/GM:
- Oversees all aspects of the Regional MLS operation.
- Is completely responsible for the MLS staff, including staff structure, delegation of duties and performance standards. Evaluates staff performance, conducts performance reviews and recommends salary. Directs and coordinates the staff to achieve the planned programs of the Board and the Committees. Has full responsibility for hiring, training and terminating staff.
- Is the manager of the entire operation responsible for ensuring each department consistently focuses on improving subscriber satisfaction while continuing to improve MLS operational efficiencies.
- Manages all existing vendor contracts and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors as to future vendor needs and deadlines.
- Is responsible for successful implementation of new technology initiatives
- Serves as executive level support to all committees, PAG’s, and Task Forces.
- Participates in new member indoctrination course providing MLS overview.
- Is responsible for driving the success of the MLS strategic priorities of the MLS as outlined by the Board of Directors.
- Handles escalated member issues and provides outreach to promote MLS and member services.
- Is responsible for planning, formulating, evaluating and recommending to the RMLS Board of Directors all basic policies and programs which will further its objectives and maintains updated bylaws, MLS Rules & Regulations and corporate documents in collaboration with Legal Counsel and NAR Member Policy Division.
- Is responsible for measuring and driving consistent improvements in subscriber satisfaction levels
- Is responsible for recommending improved/enhanced member services to Board of Directors as well as operational efficiencies.
- Is responsible for continually improving service adoption and training participation
- Manages budgets and continually strives to find methods to drive down costs.
- Facilitates open and responsive communications on a regular basis with the shareholder association executives, and cooperates closely with the shareholder associations to provide the best possible subscriber services.
REQUIREMENTS/JOB SKILLS: College degree as well as related business experience. Proven experience in Multiple Listing management required. Will possess excellent managerial, supervisory, budgeting, communication and planning skills. Must have a strong ability to work effectively with shareholder associations and volunteer committees. Must possess mature judgment, excellent communication skills and a high degree of personal organization and initiative.
The Regional MLS offers a competitive compensation package with benefits, commensurate with experience.
For more information, or to express your interest in this position, contact:
WAV Group Inc