POSITION TITLE: Systems/Network Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Development and IT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
TheMLS.com is seeking to hire a seasoned systems and network professional for the position of Systems/Network Administrator. This position will be responsible for maintaining a reliable and robust environment to host the company’s multiple listing service technologies and infrastructure. The Systems/Network Administrator will be monitor, manage and maintain the network infrastructure and the production server environments of two datacenter colocation facilities. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly independent and proactive to help the company provide an industry-leading customer experience.
TheMLS is one of the leading multiple listing service organizations in the country, serving approximately 11,000 real estate professionals in the Greater Los Angeles and Southern California region. The company enjoys one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the MLS industry, enjoying nearly 90% customer satisfaction. It is a highly aggressive organization doing whatever it takes to create an amazing experience for their customers. The organization is very fast-paced addressing requested changes and enhancements in real-time. It is a very dynamic organization with a small, highly experienced and highly motivated team.
TheMLS builds, hosts and offers many industry-leading technology products and services. The company’s real estate customers rely on the company for their business critical operations. System reliability and speed are absolutely critical to the successful operation of the company.
TheMLS also enjoys the most highly trafficked consumer-facing property search site offered by MLSs in California. Speed of search and loading and reliability is critical to the continued engagement and success of the site.
The Systems/Network Administrator is a mission critical role that is essential in helping the company provide ever-improving services to its loyal customer base.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hands on support and network administration
- Support a variety of IT hardware and software including, but
not limited to: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server and various Line
of Business Applications
- Support networking equipment and connectivity including
routers, firewalls, VPN, Server Load Balancer, access points and CISCO switches
- Create network architecture schematics
- Support of hosted and in-house VolP phone system
- Address performance related issues using monitoring tools
(e.g. PRTG, Spiceworks etc.)
- Proven experience with deployment, operations, and lifecycle
management of core Microsoft-based infrastructure products including, but not
limited to: Microsoft DNS, DHCP, WINS, VMware, Active Directory, File Services,
Print Services, HP Proliant and Storage, Distributed Fle Services (DFS), DFS Replication
(DFSr), Microsoft Clustering Services under Server 2008, Internet Information
Server (IIS v6 and v7)
- Maintain related inventory and asset management
- Support other duties and task as directed.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision. She/he will be a strong team player with the proven ability to collaborate effectively even in highly stressful situations. They will excellent communication skills and may sometimes to be called on to report on progress to non-technical staff and leadership. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to prioritize their workload and manage time effectively. They will possess exceptional problem solving skills and will be very results-oriented. They will take ownership of their work and will quickly to solve challenges as they
arise. The ideal candidate will also have proven skills in creating documentation and will be responsible for documenting all contact with systems or clients in the trouble-ticketing application. They will also be responsible for updating the client knowledge base as appropriate.
The position also requires the following:
- Strong knowledge and experience in hardware, software and network
- Ability to support best practices in a fully managed IT
- 2+ years supporting Windows XP/Vista/7 in a domain
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008
- 2+ years experience working with server and network monitoring
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching,
LAN and WAN technologies
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- 1 to 2 years hands-on experience configuring and managing
Cisco routers and Sonicwall NSA firewalls
- Strong knowledge of load balancing technology
- Strong knowledge of Virtualization Environments (e.g.VMware)
- MCSE, CCNA or CCNP certifications a plus
- B.S. in Computer Information Systems
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required
For more information or to express interest, please contact email@example.com.
Leave A Comment