POSITION TITLE: Director of MLS
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
LOCATION: New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS®, Inc. is seeking a new MLS and IT Director to run their MLS operations for their wholly owned subsidiary, Gulf South Real Estate Information Network, Inc.
The Gulf South Real Estate Information Network Inc., New Orleans, LA., is seeking an MLS Director to lead its 5600 member Multiple Listing Service, GSREIN. The company is looking for someone to administer and direct the activities, operations and staff of the Multiple Listing Service of the Association and oversees its IT Services.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a working knowledge of the real estate industry and its technological trends. They must also possess MLS related job experience along with an understanding of the issues and challenges facing today’s MLS and its Participants. A candidate must have excellent work ethic and possess great organization, communication, management, technology skills and people skills.
The company is looking for a progressive Leader and Manager adept at creating positive change for MLS systems while being considerate of the needs of the organization’s members.
The New Orleans Metropolitan Association of REALTORS(R), celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2015, has a long history of providing amazing service, support and advocacy to its members. The company’s MLS and IT Director will be responsible for supporting and promoting a suite of highly useful and effective technologies, training and support services to help NOMAR members get the most out of their MLS offerings.
The successful candidate will also be the point of contact for coordinating with IT and Network support vendors to maintain the company’s IT infrastructure.
The role requires a strong ability to digest the needs of staff, leadership and members as well as sensitivity to the ever-changing demands of homebuyers and sellers. They will work closely with the CEO to ensure full transparency of the technology path and programs, communicating all plans, milestones and any pertinent challenges regularly.
Finally, the Director of MLS and IT will be highly focused on benchmarking results against the plans outlined and will critically evaluate the success of technology programs and course correct in real-time.
- Administer and direct the activities and operations and staff of the Multiple Listing Service of the Association, consistent with the policy and procedures as directed by the Board of Directors, MLS and Electronic Keybox Rules and Regulations and the Bylaws
- Driving continual enhancements to MLS policies to stay in full compliance with the MLS Policy Committee, IDX Rules and RESO Data Dictionary requirements.
- Work with MLS Vendor and 3rd party vendors on evaluating, planning and testing new and existing products and services based on member input and feedback
- Coordinate and follow through to resolution all issues with Local Support Staff, and maintain positive professional relationship with the MLS Vendors and other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Design, Coordinate and effectively promote training to encourage members to get the most out of their MLS Subscription.
- Prepare, maintain, disseminate and promote market trends as requested to news media, governmental agencies and others which may include Times Picayune, City Business, National Association of REALTORS® and Louisiana REALTORS®
- Coordinate and maintain transmittal of member information to other vendors such as the MLS system, Keybox system, REALTOR.COM, nomar.org web site, and other vendors that GRSEIN may contract with to provide services to our members. Ensure company is RESO Data Dictionary Certified.
- Plan and coordinate consistent member communications and promotions to continually increase adoption, usage and satisfaction of company technology offerings.
- Coordinate with website programmer to maintain the currency and accuracy of GSREIN information on the Association’s website.
- Assist members and staff with MLS and technology related issues.
- Run Association, Office or Membership rosters (emailed or on disk) as needed.
- Conduct the MLS portion of the new member orientation including overview of MLS Services and instruction on the Rules and Regs and MLS Guidelines.
- Develop and maintain data license agreements. Coordinate with MLS vendor and consultant to process the MLS Data Feed Agreements, set up the data feeds, and verify compliance with the rules and regulations. Coordinate the billing for the data feeds with the accounting department.
- Prepare the agenda in cooperation with CEO, send notices and record the minutes for GSREIN Board of Directors meetings.
- Develop long and short-range goals in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
- Assist in preparing proposed annual budget for GSREIN and be familiar with the budget in regards to the operation of GSREIN.
- Coordinate MLS billing and collection process with accounting department and maintain that only members in good standing are accessing the MLS services according to the provisions of the GSREIN Bylaws, MLS Rules and Regulations, and the MLS, Data Feed and Keybox Participation Agreements and any other agreements existing whereby the members may contract with GSREIN for services.
- Coordinate the election process, including nomination, slates, petitions and ballots, for election of GSREIN Board of Directors.
- Serve as Liaison to the GSREIN Board of Directors, GSREIN Election Nominating Committee, Multiple Listing Service, Forms Committees and Co-Liaison to REALTOR® Appreciation Day relative to AV equipment and rental.
- Work with Forms Committee, legal counsel, LR and LREC to maintain Association forms and state mandated forms and coordinate changes with vendors supplying on-line forms products to NOMAR or GSREIN.
- Plan, coordinate and promote Administrative Assistants Seminars for GSREIN.
- Direct the operation of the electronic keybox system.
- Oversee professional activity of MLS Personnel including MLS/Keybox System and Facilities Administrator, MLS Executive Assistant and MLS Compliance personnel.
- Be proficient in utilizing the MLS System, Rapattoni (membership system) software, social media for communication with members, and Constant Contact for email communication.
- Be proficient in operating the videoconference and A/V equipment in both NOMAR offices.
- Respond to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Administer GSREIN travel arrangements for approved travel for volunteers and staff.
- Serve as the primary contact between staff and the Association’s IT Company to facilitate a resolution to in-house problems or issues.
- Any other responsibilities as designated by the CEO.
- 5+ years of MLS technology management experience
- Success at supporting at members to help them get the most out of MLS technologies, support and training,
- Experience with training development and promotion
- Experience promoting MLS tools, training and support
- Member-centric, customer-service focused
- Proven experience managing and motivating technology and administrative staff.
The successful candidate will be compensated commensurate with the level of success they can help create for the company. The competitive package will include salary, bonus, and highly competitive benefits.