Director of Marketing, Communications, Events & Education
Position and Company Overview
Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc. (MRIS, Inc.), located in Rockville, MD, is the largest real estate information service in North America serving the information needs of nearly 40,000 real estate professionals in the Mid-Atlantic. The company helps facilitate over $60B in residential real estate transactions each year and provide breakthrough technology designed to create value and innovation for the real estate industry. The company offers a leading edge suite of real estate marketing tools and technologies to its customers available both via subscription and a la carte purchases. MRIS enjoys the highest satisfaction score among large MLS organizations across the United States.
MRIS is looking for a Director of Marketing, Communications, Events & Education who will identify, lead and manage all marketing and educational activities with respect to MRIS’ existing and new products and services that support the company’s business, customer and revenue objectives. This individual will be responsible for both strategically and tactically managing the corporate brand through a variety of mechanisms including PR, social media and advertising. In addition, the Director will manage all customer messaging through a variety of channels including customer support, email, social media, events and training.
The successful candidate will bring 10+ years of marketing and management experience with increasing responsibility, with at least 6 years of directly relevant experience in marketing, public relations, communications, and related areas. An MBA in Marketing is preferred, but equivalent work experience and track record of success will be considered. Expertise with marketing and communication principles and practices, as well as deep familiarity with interactive marketing, social media, social networking, direct response, and event marketing, will be expected. Knowledge of web design processes, email marketing, and search optimization will be required.
The Director of Marketing will also need to have expertise in establishing and reporting on marketing metrics, proving ROI, and managing significant budgets. A proven track record in working with both internal teams as well as outside vendors, effectively managing vendor relationships, and managing projects will be expected of the successful candidate. Experience working with advertising agencies for sustained effective campaigns is a major plus. The right candidate will thrive on teamwork, overcoming obstacles and gaining shared vision on complex issues. They will have the ability to outline corporate marketing strategies and then be able to execute on marketing programs that deliver on both short and long-term business objectives. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills, delivering engaging and compelling presentations on behalf of the organization at both internal and industry events.
• Lead the company’s Brand, Marketing and Revenue Growth Strategies to continue to pursue revenue and profitability growth while enhancing customer satisfaction.
• Managing and nurturing a growing team of marketing and training professionals
• Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communications programs, multi-channel sales support, social media, interactive marketing and research.
• Oversee the company’s training program and continue to enhance programs to help improve adoption, usage and satisfaction of MRIS products and services
• Contribute to research and implementation of new revenue opportunities, support sales activities and plans, and develop new pricing and customer acquisition and retention programs: Define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, messaging and marketing plan necessary to meet corporate goals for new product roll-outs.
• Oversee and evaluate market research, both internal and outsourced, and develop a practical and actionable customer satisfaction improvement program.
• Interact with the Product Innovations and Client Alliance teams to ensure all marketing materials and messages are optimized from a user experience standpoint.
• Maintain close relationship with customers for awareness of customers’ needs and perspectives as well as provide feedback on the creation of launch materials and assists in new product releases.
• Continue to build traffic and engagement levels on the corporate website management and highly trafficked consumer-facing property search website – MRISHomes.com.
Desired Experience and Skills
• Proven track record of working in a high-energy environment with the ability to drive multiple projects with tight deadlines and effective analytical/decision-making skills.
• Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and persuasively recommend courses of action to be taken, with a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue, sales and corporate objectives.
• Proven experience managing and developing marketing and training team members and coach for high-impact performance. Establish clear metrics and processes, and ensure accomplishment of goals and objectives.
• Proven ability to craft brand and marketing strategies as well as managing the creation of all marketing collateral, website and sales support tools to effectively communicate to customers the value and features of our products.
• Proven experience in adapting and learning the nuances of a new industry quickly; leading the company is keeping up-to-date on the latest trends and issues in the industry as well as news relating to other markets and competitors; Familiarity or experience with the technology real estate industry is beneficial to this position.
• Experience in interactive marketing, including SEO/SEM, online analytics, and social media is required: Ability to perform statistical, financial, and cost benefit analyses is required.
• Strong forecasting, budgeting and quantitative analysis skills and strong aptitude in pricing, positioning, testing and managing product and service portfolios, with a focus on revenue and sales.
• Strong organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
MRIS offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) during your first year and 7 paid holidays. The company pays 100% of the premiums for life and AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability and our Employee Assistance Program. Participation in medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts is also offered. These benefits are effective as of the employee’s first day of employment. Additionally, we provide a 401(k) savings plan with a maximum 4% company match and immediate vesting. This benefit is available to employees during the first quarter following six months of employment.