Back in 2018, the NATIONAL ASSOCIAITON OF REALTORS® launched a key strategic mission with their first iOi Summit. The mission was inspired under the leadership of Elizabeth Mendenhall with the focus of NAR being a gateway to technology innovation in real estate. President of WAV Group Communications, Kevin Hawkins wrote an outstanding recap of the first NAR iOi Summit that you can read here.
The Pitch Battle
There are 12 companies that are participating in the iOi Pitch Battle this year: Agently, CUBICASA, ARSA, Inspectify, fractional, presidio, Pacaso, residently, RentBase, Stake, Revive, and Symba. The winner of the pitch battle gets USD$15,000 and a booth at the NAR event. Moreover, they win the most prestigious pitch battle event in prop tech. Pacaso is a Unicorn, valued at over $1 Billion, the first Unicorn ever in the Pitch Battle.
Sessions I am excited about
Alex Lange will be moderating a session with the three key individuals who are involved in the most real estate technology M&A deals of the last decade – Chris Gough, manager at Houlihan Lokey, David Anderson from Lone Wolf, and Scott Smith from Constellation Software.
Computer Vision by Amazon
Fundraising Stories by Tyler Thompson and Dave Garland of Second Century Ventures
Listing Portals – Moderated by Bob Goldberg with Ryan O’Hara and Spencer Rascoff
The Nexus Between Real Estate and Wall Street by Mike Shapiro
Go To Market Strategies in Proptech
I will be moderating the session “Go To Market Strategies in Proptech” that will feature three companies who have had success launching products in the real estate industry. Each of them will discuss the tactics they used to get their product into the market. Joining my panel will be Fredrik Eklund, Co-founder of REAL; Joe Chen, CEO of Chime; and Ryan Coon, Vice President Rentals at realtor.com
Alex Lange provided the following email to attendees today:
This is no ordinary real estate conference where speakers “pay to play” and you’re essentially watching commercials on stage for days. Or even worse, sitting through another session about using social media that is the same material you’ve heard three years ago. Or shall I waste your time talking about returning from COVID…
The iOi Summit is different. It doesn’t matter if you’re an investor, a start-up, or a tech-savvy realtor:
- Our sessions are curated. Incredible content about the future of real estate (both PropTech and FinTech) from thought leaders (Google, Amazon, etc..).
- Our Pitch Battle is unrivaled. Twelve incredible companies have been hand-selected from hundreds of applicants. There’s even a “unicorn” competing. Our diverse judges represent brokerages, associations, M&A, venture capital, and start-ups.
- Our keynote will send you home, rethinking how you will approach the future. This is no “motivational speaker.” Thomas Frye has been named the “Architect of the Future,” is Google’s “Top-Rated Futurist Speaker,” and is IBM’s most awarded engineer. His vision of how you will engage with your home will make you want to pull yourself into the future.
- Our special panel with NAR CEO Bob Goldberg and the former CEOs of Zillow and Realtor.com will be both enlightening and entertaining as they discuss the future of portals.
- There will be discussions on Blockchain, NFTs, AI/ML, and more… just not by hobbyists.
- It’s time well spent. Twenty sessions in a day and a half. No fluff… just insiders who “know the ropes.” And access to this exclusive content is also a fraction of the investment in any other conference.